Intework is a not for profit agency committed to working with people to develop and promote the aspirations and potential of people with a disability within the community.
The reason why we exist
“We develop and promote each of our clients as valued members of the community through life skills development, including employment.”
At Intework, the client interest is paramount and we recognise that our clients will be with us over the longer term. As part of this long term partnership with our clients, we strive to assist them not only in meeting their immediate needs but also their goals and aspirations. We seek to assist them to be recognised as valued members of the community through individualised personal development.
Intework’s point of difference is our emphasis on developing and promoting each client, regardless of individual personal challenges.
The ideal world we are working towards
“An inclusive society where individuals are valued for their unique contribution.”
A five year stretch goal was developed to assist Intework in moving in a demonstrable way towards its ideal world. By 2012, Intework is aiming:
“To be the recognised provider of choice of responsive services by offering high quality support and assistance whilst continuing to grow with diversity and strength.”
Intework is seeking to be recognised by its clients and potential clients, government, funders, the business community and the industry as being a provider of choice of tailored services. Intework will work to achieve this through evolving and growing to meet clients’ and employers’ needs in a rapidly changing environment for disability services delivery.
Our guiding principles
Intework has a strong commitment to clients, families and carers, working together in a professional and caring manner. In doing so, Intework aspires to act in accordance with the following values in all of its decisions and actions.
- Our clients’ interests are paramount: We respect our clients’ rights and interests above all else. We focus on the person and not on the disability. We respect and acknowledge the unique qualities of each individual and believe that diversity is a valuable community asset. We are committed to working with our clients to explore and attain their goals and aspirations. As emphasised in our Purpose, we are committed to promoting the value of people with disabilities and the many valued social roles that are in our community.
- We are inspired by challenges: For Intework, this means that we work towards meeting changing needs of clients, government and community. We welcome clients who require substantial assistance and support to participate in the programs of their choice and to meet their aspirations.
- We believe in the value of partnerships: We recognise that in meeting the interests of our clients, we need to work in partnership with families, carers, funders, government agencies, other service providers and the business community.
- We are accountable for service delivery: We maintain a high standard of service throughout all the areas of our business. Our clients can expect the same range of services and a consistent standard of delivery in all the different regions in which we operate.
- We strive for continuous improvement: We continually seek ways to improve our services and standards. We strive for improvement through staff development, innovative practices and increased professionalism.
If you would like to see a copy of our strategic plan please click here.
Building on Intework’s success after a period of rapid organisational and funding change and facing potential regulatory amendments, it was timely to review the strategic direction and set the course for the next five years.
A collaborative approach was taken in preparing the plan with interviews with stakeholders, staff, management, Board members, clients and carers. The acquittal of the previous strategic plan was analysed and used as a basis for the Board and Executive discussions. A Board and Executive Workshop was held in 2007. The outcomes of this workshop are encompassed in this Strategic Plan.
The Strategic Plan contains Intework’s Purpose, Vision and Five Year Goal. It outlines Intework’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats and identifies the organisation’s Strategic Issues. The Plan also states the Strategies Intework will put in place to resolve its Strategic Issues and achieve its Five Year Goal.
The intent is for this plan to be a living document that is referred to, reviewed and built on throughout the years. It is also an embodiment of the clear, common commitment of the Board and Executive to the organisation future.
Intework’s strategies have been developed over three planning horizons extending out to 2012. The three horizons are:
We acknowledge and appreciate the support given by:
The Commonwealth Government through the Department of Families, Housing, Community Services and Indigenous Affairs and the Department of Education, Employment & Workplace Relations for the funding received to provide employment assistance services to people with disabilities is under the disability Employment Assistance program.
The Department of Families, Housing, Community Services and Indigenous Affairs (FaHCSIA):
- Supported Employment Program (ADE)
- Respite Services: National Respite Development Fund
Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations (DEEWR):
- Capped Employment Program (DES)
- Uncapped Employment Program (DES)
The State Government through the Disability Services Commission
- Post School Options
- Intensive Family Support
- Alternatives to Employment
- Quality Service Improvement Grants
- Targeted Support Program
Intework has also been the proud recipients of financial support from Lotterywest over the years.